Soft skills are the personal qualities that make people easy to work with and they’re key for business success. Here are five important soft skills and the best open-ended interview questions you can ask to help find out whether a candidate is right for your business.
- Communication: Give me an example of when you had to deal with a difficult team member. What did you do to communicate properly?
- Adaptability: Tell me about a time when you were asked to do something for the first time. How did you react? What did you learn?
- Culture fit: What three things are most important to you in a job?
- Collaboration: Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone who was difficult to get along with. How did you handle interactions with them?
- Time management: Describe a time you fell behind schedule. What went wrong and what would you do differently next time?